Monday, July 10, 2006

No, It's Not Minions Weekly

To those of you--the TWO of you--who hang around waiting for me to update: Sorry. I'm still recovering from moving fallout, including fallout at work, which has chosen an inconvenient time to become critical. Quick notes:
  • France had to die because they couldn't win a Cup in Germany. Italy had to die because they made me root for Germany. Zizou's head-butt was one of the most fabulous things in world history. I didn't have a good view of the game because my cable is doing funky pixelated things--it's like watching streaming video on dialup, only worse. I didn't get my World Diving Championships final or my 1870-1945 final. It's all just way too unkind.
  • Presumably, things are happening in the red-blue world. They are, at the moment, escaping my notice. Let's just keep it that way until I'm ready to re-engage, shall we?
  • Please go visit the sites linked to the right, to entertain yourself until I surface long enough to post something funny. I'll try to do that by about Wednesday or so.
  • Minions' birthday is July 13. Minions' Amazon Wish List is here. Just saying.

7 comments:

Dweeze said...

Does this mean you are a fan of McBain's 87th Precinct series? Cause if you are, my already considerable respect for you shoots even higher.

Swami said...

Poor baby. You've wanted Emma Peel since 2004 with the highest priority and no one has given her to you.

I have never read Donald Westlake.

Upon careful consideration you and I have almost mothing in common--except I adore you. I think it's "the funny."

Whispers said...

You have to admit - the headbutt incident makes for a perfect Final. Italy wins, but their win is tainted by Materazzi's taunting. Zidane loses but comes out looking OK (and may even end up playing in MLS?)

Puffy said...

Happy Birthday!

verification word: wixdyk

Whispers said...

Oh, happy birthday, too.

yvonne said...

Happy Belated birthday, you. Would you believe I was wearing capris and flicking a switchblade on Thursday? I totally was.

HistoryDetective said...

Please go visit the sites linked to the right, to entertain yourself until I surface long enough to post something funny.

I just visit the bunny post over and over when I need a laugh. For whatever reason, I find it hilarious --- definitely not an Anya moment for me.

When did your word verification start sounding like our glorious leader? "i r bud"