Saturday, January 19, 2008

Things I Have To Say About Things Other People Have Said

There are a lot of people out there who are smarter than me, and the folks at Sadly, No! are among them, except for a few cultural and lifestyle choices that certain of them have made. But that's all in the aesthetics and doesn't begin to go to their probing intellects, which intellects make them much more qualified than I am to go after America's Favorite Nepotized Pseudointellectual, Jonah Goldberg, author of a little steaming pile of monkey dung called Liberal Fascism (find it yourself, it's not difficult), which is getting an undue share of media attention these days.

I'm typically not interested in the fine points, especially when it comes to the theoretical. I know a turd when I see one, whether it's a political philosophy or a liver-grounded screed about political philosophy, and I prefer turds that are short and to the point. Look, the guy is the most pathetic of lying motherfuckers; he can't keep his own argument straight, and his puerile responses to genuine intellectual criticism of his ravings are easily classified:

-"You didn't read my book." (Oh yes they did, and they can prove it.)
-"I know you are but what am I?" (Dood. You're a supposed heir to the intellectual tradition of William F. Buckley, who was at least a clever twat. Is this the best the right wing can come up with these days? I really find that pretty sad, although I'm sure that my genuine Eugene McCarthy liberal friends aren't so crippled.)
-"That's not what I said. We have never been at war with Eurasia."
-"Sputter...gzzzz...freutz!"

I'm not playing. It's awesomely fucktarded that the media are so game to goad everyone into a civil war that they find it necessary to give this fucktard a public pedestal. I leave the issue with this, the most devastating takedown I've yet seen. Goldberg is just another heir to a collection of traditions born in mean.

No comments: