When we all had blogs, and posted on them, and bDr was not the only one among us to have the discipline to post every day, even when he's utter shite (I'm warning you not to click) or spastically depressive (Yes! wayback before he started sucking Greg Vanney's dick while taking electified pliers to The Dreamy One's), not to mention his annoying habits of being coherently organized and consistently thematic and usually spot-on and uncommonly incisive and way the fuck smarter, wittier, and better-looking than me. Bastard.
What the fuck was I talking about? Right. Blog posts. The kind I don't do, and my other friends now seem to do mostly as a mechanism for showing each other a little leg in public. Good on 'em.
Here is what I have to say:
1. Suck it, Ilse's ex.
2. Suck it, Gore-haters.
3. Suck it, SCHIP-haters.
4. Suck it, Trojans.
5. Suck it, Diplomacy.
6. Suck it, Doctor Ear-Nose-Throat Medical Surgery Person.
I think that about covers it. More expansively:
1. No. Not more expansively. Just trust me on this one.
2. No, I don't see how averting nationalistic or otherwise jingoistic competition over scarce resources could possibly relate the environment to peace, and anyone who does is a terrsymp.
3. Really, people. 12 years old. Injured in accident. Family that does what Republicans tell them to--i.e., stay married, parent their children, own a small business. How cannibalistic do you have to be?
4. High school, reunions, homecomings. Never mind. I'm already home.
5. Fini. Let us say simply that sometimes, doing favors for friends is not brilliant.
6. "The pain should go away in a couple of days. You can manage it with Tylenol." Uhm...no. It got worse, after two days of extreme discomfort and two days of apparent slight improvement, preceded by a very pleasant little procedure in which Doctor ENT Medical Person essentially burned some shit out of my throat that wasn't supposed to be there (the stuff was benign but not stuff that should be left alone). Today's forecast is that extreme discomfort is likely for five more days. I want heroin, and the guy would've given it to me, cheerfully, but I'm a little smarter than that.
But not smarter than bDr. See? Homecoming without the assholes. Fooking brilliant.
Rafter of Satin and Roof of Stone
1 day ago