Saturday, January 26, 2008

Making Sausage

Unlike bDr, I do, from time to time, incorporate messaging into my management of the sidebar. Sometimes a link's removal indicates that the link is dead (the late Ben Olsen's Beard) or that the blogger has stopped posting (some of the disappearances from the "Friends" box, although I'll admit that one ill-tended blog remains because the blogger could kill me in my sleep, although it'd cost her an insurance payout). But in the other sections? If I remove a blog, chances are I not only stopped reading it, but it pissed me off. Firedoglake has become extremely tedious, and with regard to anything written by Josh Marshall, I take my orders from Bob Somersby--I'm grateful that the Daily Howler pays attention so that I don't have to.

We are seriously hunkered this weekend--long, bad week, the kids are away, and we've had heavy social commitments for every kid-free weekend since about October--so that's all I got.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If I remove a blog, chances are I not only stopped reading it, but it pissed me off."

Isn't that what I said, by implication?

"although I'll admit that one ill-tended blog remains because the blogger could kill me in my sleep"

Well, she couldn't me, but dang if she ain't taking up unused space in my most valuable blogroll.

And now, a play:

Locutus: Sleep, Data.
Troi: Oh, the poor man, he must be exhausted.
Data: Yes, Counselor (you stupid betazoid), but....

jzpeje!

Landru said...

I thought you were nicer about it.

Purplestate said...

You want my ticket to the duke/umd ticket tonite? I can't go, I have to run a rehearsal. :(

nelqwgu

Jolene said...

So how long does one have to be dormant before one gets disappeared?

I do keep thinking I'll get around to posting something new, and yet, I somehow never do.